B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Admission 2014-15: First Notice dated 31.05.2014
The processes for the admission in the 1st year B.A., B.Sc. & B.Com.(Honours & General) courses for the session 2014 - 15 will commence on and from June 04, 2014 following the rules/regulations/schedules as given below:
1. Admission forms and prospectus will be distributed from 04.06.14 (Wednesday) to 10.06.14 (Tuesday) at the college premises during 8AM - 10AM (Morning Section) and 11AM - 3PM (Day Section) on all working days except Saturday. The timing in Saturday will be 11Am - 2PM for the Day Section while it remains unchanged for the Morning Section.
2. Completely filled-in forms may be submitted at the same place from 04.06.14 to 11.06.14 on all working days during the same working hours as mentioned in Sl. No. 1 above.
3. Cost of the Form & Prospectus is Rs.50/- (Fifty rupees) only.
4. Applicants are directed to attach one good photocopy of the filled-in form and a copy of the mark sheet with the application form at the time of submission of the same.
5. Eligibility criteria for a valid application:-
5.a. Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations (henceforth called as HS) in the year 2014 and 2013 can apply for the Day & Morning Sections both. However, who have passed during 2011 & 2012 can apply for the Morning Section only. It is to be noted that the Morning Section has B.A. general course only.
5.b. For applications in the B.A. courses (Day Section), the Top-4 (excluding EVS) aggregate in HS must be at least 200 for general category and 180 for the reserved category of candidates who have passed HS in the year 2014 whereas, the Top-4 (excluding EVS) aggregate in HS must be at least 220 for general category and 200 for reserved category of candidates who have passed HS in the year 2013. The applications for B.A. general course in the morning section require to fulfill the university norms only.
5.c. For applications in the B.Sc. courses, the Top-4 (excluding EVS) aggregate in HS must be at least 188 for general category and 168 for the reserved category of candidates who have passed HS in the year 2014. The Top-4 (excluding EVS) aggregate in HS must be at least 260 for general category and 240 for reserved category of candidates who have passed HS in the year 2013.
5.d. For applications in the B.Com. courses, the University norms will be applicable for the candidates passing the HS in the year 2014 and 2013.
5.e. For applications in English Honours, marks obtained in English, in HS, must be at least 60% for general category and 55% for reserved category of candidates.
5.f. For applications in Mathematics Honours, marks obtained in Mathematics, in HS, must be at least 60% for general category and 55% for reserved category of candidates.
5.g. For applications in Geography Honours, marks obtained in English, in HS, must be at least 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category of candidates.
Applications outside the scope of the provisions outlined here, in Sl. No. 5, will be rejected.
6. The subject Physical Education can be offered to a student according to merit only after qualifying in the "field test".
7. White-inking or striking-out in the application form are discouraged. Illegible application forms will be rejected.
8. Any incompleteness or wrong information in the application form, if found at any stage, will cause rejection of the application and candidature.
Admissions will be done strictly according to merit. Provisional merit lists will be published in the college notice board and in the website also tentatively on June 25, 2014.