Grievance Redressal and Anti-sexual Harassment Cell
Grievance redressal and anti-sexual harassment cell has been operative in the College since 2006 comprising of internal members of the College (for details see below) with an aim to provide a mechanism for redressing the grievances of its stakeholders to ensure prevention of sexual harassment of women in the institution so that healthy and congenial atmosphere may be provided to the staff and students of the College. This cell is responsible for looking into any complaint filed by students & staff members regarding admission, academic matters, library and other services provided by the College. The members of the Cell meet fortnightly to consider such demands (if any) and redress the problems with utmost care and promptness.
This Cell has been re-constituted in 2015 to include external members along with internal members of the College and is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about Woman Grievances at the college. It has been constituted following the Vishaka guidelines and norms laid down by the Honorable Supreme Court.
Sexual harassment includes such unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- A demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually colored remarks;
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
Functions of the Cell:
- To safeguard the rights of the female students, faculty and non-teaching staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints.
- To equip with the stakeholders with knowledge of legal rights.
- To conduct seminar and lectures by eminent personalities to inculcate awareness.
- To process oral and written complaints for redressal of grievances.
Students, teaching or non-teaching members in case of any sexual harassment in the institution can report their grievances to the internal complaints committee of the cell (names of members and their contact numbers are given below) verbally or in written.
If any grievance is filed, meetings are to be immediately held by the internal members of the Cell to find out appropriate solution. If not solved at this level then grievance is to be taken up to the Principal and the external members of the cell including legal advisor. The complainant may be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary). After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.
Members of the cell:
- Sri Gokulananda Goswami, Teacher-in-Charge (Contact Number 9433115598)
- Mrs. Sutapa Datta, Convenor (Contact Number: 9477236857)
- Dr Susmita Bandyopadhyay, Joint Convenor (Contact Number: 9433511565)
- Sri Ajay Krishna Mondal (Contact Number: 9433340275)
- Smt. Gopa Sur (Contact Number: 9433339126)
- Smt. Shikha Datta (Contact Number: 9477489277)
- Smt. Soma Siddhanta (Contact Number: 9433359495)
- Dr Somen Chanda (Contact Number: 9433209930)
- Dr Debasish Mitra (Contact Number: 9477242179)
- Smt. Keya Chattopadhyay, Secretary Teachers’ Council (Contact Number:9433137862)
- Dr Raju Mondal, Teacher-in-Charge, Morning Section. (Contact Number:9735677377)
- Smt Ujjala Datta (Mondal)
- Dr Goutam Baidya (Medical Practitioner)
- Smt. Shraboni Sarkar Neogi (NGO representative)
- Sri Balai Halder (Advocate)